One of the main directions of activity for the organisations providing services for risk group adolescents is outreach activities. Homeless children are known to be the most mobile and vulnerable segment of risk group adolescents. The information about the dwelling sites of children who live or work in the streets is constantly changing and needs to be monitored regularly. Using mapping technique social workers can obtain more accurate and informative data about the new dwelling sites of risk group adolescents and include them into their outreach routes.
The implementation of new options into the outreach activities using mapping technique can be an added bonus when applying for the grants to realise new projects on preventive measures among risk group adolescents.
Non-governmental organisations providing preventive services to risk group adolescents (social and outreach workers). Particularly, NGOs experiencing difficulties while searching for target group in the city/town and revealing new sites of RGAs’ dwelling.
Main topic issues:
- Topic updating, the main notions and guidelines
- Mapping technique application
- Risk group site mapping. Research object peculiarities
- Organisational aspects of mapping
- Two successive levels of the technique realisation. Mapping and validation
- Data gathering tools
- Obtained data processing. Database preparation
- Peculiarities of the analysis of the data obtained by mapping method
- Final product of mapping. Map design with the site charting of risk group adolescents’ dwelling
- Mapping method as exemplified in the research results